MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY SERVICES (MDA) AT OUR CLINIC
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is the largest supporter of ALS. MDA's current annual outlay of $46.5 million for Patient and Community Services accounts for the single largest portion of the Association's overall budget- $111 million and since its inception, the MDA has funded nearly 14,000 research projects at a total cost of some $400 million.
In addition to sponsoring our clinic and the professional staff, the MDA helps with:
- Influenza vaccinations
- Purchase of powered and manual wheelchairs
- Purchase of leg braces
- Assistance with cost of repairs (annually)
- Transportation services for clinic appointments
- Home Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy
- Nationwide network of support groups.
- Updates about MDA's research efforts aimed at finding effective treatments and cures for ALS
- Health Fairs
- MDA-sponsored seminars
- Health expos (demonstrating new technology for people with disabilities)
The Eleanor and Lou Gehrig MDA/ALS Research Center's ALS health care services coordinator is Connie Zayas. For more information or to sign up for services please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-682-5272.
The website for the MDA is http://www.mdausa.org.